18.6 C
Ellenbrook
Monday, May 27, 2024
Advertismentspot_img
HomeLocal NewsLithium-ion battery blamed for house fire

Lithium-ion battery blamed for house fire

Fresh warnings are emerging today, after a charging lithium-ion battery destroyed an Ellenbrook family’s home just days before Christmas.

Department of Fire and Emergency Services investigators determined that the battery was to blame for the blaze that engulfed the house at about 12.50pm on Monday.

Smoke alarms saved the lives of two people inside when the property started going up in flames, but the family of six have now been left without a home.

#9News | WATCH LIVE 6pm

Most Popular

Recent Comments